Role: Fundraising Manager
Reporting to: Chair of Trustees
Hours: Part time
Location: Home based with flexible working hours
Hands of Hope is a newly registered charity operating in East Sussex and Kent. Our goal is to reconnect people with where their food comes from, teach them how to grow and cook healthy, nutritious food and use this process to ultimately reduce childhood obesity and loneliness levels.
To inspire children, families and adults to lead and sustain fitter, healthier and happier lives by increasing their access and knowledge of Healthy Food, Food Growing and Cooking.
Currently farming 4 acres of Soil Association accredited land in Peasmarsh where we have established a “market garden” we have now acquired a new site in Hawkhurst which will be developed as an innovative social enterprise centre, acting as the charities main base and facilitating not only the production of fruit and vegetables but including a Victorian glass house for growing, a cookery school and a therapy room. Hawkhurst will serve as a valuable education resource centre as well as supporting community projects, volunteer activities and local community events.
Our intention is to create a local community “hub” – growing, cooking and educating local communities as well as running a number of community projects and initiatives from the site for the benefit of all.
This new facility will be:
- A place to grow
- A place to learn e.g. schools projects, growing programmes, cookery club, workshops/events, sustainable gardening, healthy eating, etc
- A place for nature e.g. wild areas, biodiversity, bees, pond, wildflower meadow
- A place for children – Schools projects, nature play, forest school,
- A place for specialist groups focusing on loneliness, mental health, dementia,
- A place to access fresh affordable in season and organic produce
- A place to feel connected e.g. welcoming, inclusive, a sense of community, vibrancy and energy where there is always something happening
- A place to connect with each other and with nature
- A place that is sustainable offering a valuable legacy to future generations
Hands of Hope charity is seeking to appoint a highly experienced individual to spearhead our fundraising activities split across programmes and the Hawkhurst site. The primary focus of the role will be developing income from Lottery/Trusts and Foundations, Individuals, business/corporate donors and community events. The role will work closely with the Founder and Chair as well as the charity Trustees.
In order to deliver our mission, we have ambitious plans to increase our income from voluntary sources. You’ll be joining the team at a very exciting time, and will be able to use your exceptional written communication skills to produce high quality applications to a range of funders and sources. The role will mean that you will work on many aspects of fundraising.
You’ll be extremely organised with excellent attention to detail, and the ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of securing high value grants from Trusts and Foundations. As we are a new charity, you will be skilled at managing multiple relationships, activities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working across a broad portfolio.
The job requires:
- In conjunction with Chair and Trustees devise and implement Fundraising Strategy
- Detailed knowledge and experience of a wide range of fundraising techniques
- Ability to identify opportunities to raise unrestricted and restricted funds from trusts and foundations
- High level of bid-writing expertise to aid the securing of funds for the MCT Hands of Hope and to maximise fundraising opportunities
- Managing grant writing process including meeting deadlines, reporting, and tracking
- Effective administration of fundraising research, data and finance
- Ability to foster new relationships with corporate and business donors
- Experience of working with high value donors and ability to cultivate relationships
- Ability to assist Chair in the development of community fundraising initiatives
- Knowledge of database management in accordance with our Data Protection Policy
- Must share a passion for Hands of Hope charitable aims
Experience and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience and a proven track record in a fundraising role at any level
- Experience of working with Big Lottery would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship-building skills as well as the ability to influence and motivate supporters
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet often competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others
- Enjoy working collaboratively
- Ability to work with attention to details and with accuracy
- Ability to work on multiple projects/assignments as needed
- Sensitivity to donors and their needs, with the ability to easily relate to others