Hope Farm Organics – Box Scheme Project Co-ordinator
Salary: £19,000 per annum pro rata
Location(s): Hawkhurst & Peasmarsh
Part-time – 2 days per week
Hands of Hope is a small, community charity set up in 2016 by the current Trustees and run by them. Restoring & developing a neglected heritage Walled Kitchen Garden and 18 acres of AONB in Hawkhurst, we deliver programmes & activities aimed at tackling rural isolation, loneliness and food poverty as well as improving the physical & mental wellbeing of communities throughout Rother, Hastings & West Kent, by connecting them with nature and each other – “growing together, building communities.”
As part of our development and sustainability plans, we are launching Hope Farm Organics in May 2021 as a new income channel for the charity. We will sell local organic produce including our own fruit and veg as well as meat, dairy and pantry products supplied by local, artisan providers. All income will be used to support our charitable aims.
We are looking for someone to manage the day-to-day delivery of Hope Farm Organics’ new Box Scheme. The ideal candidate will have a passion for organic produce, have an interest in our charitable aims and be highly organised with a can‑do, proactive attitude.
- Promotion of Hope Farm Organics Farm Shop/Box Scheme
- Upkeep of Hope Farm Organics website inc products, payment and dealing with customer queries.
- Database Management
- Organising weekly deliveries and delivery driver requirements using Volunteers
- Ordering produce and managing relationships with local producers
- Upkeep of stock records
- Purchasing and Customer Service work
- Management of Box Scheme income and expenditure
- Management of customer accounts inc responding to queries, payment issues etc.
- Box planning work in liaison with Head Grower and local suppliers.
- Provision of packing lists and driver’s sheets/schedules
You must have excellent administrative skills, accuracy, and careful attention to detail, and be able to show that you are a team player who enjoys working in a busy, but highly enjoyable environment. You will be self-confident, and excellent communicator and thrive on autonomy.
*This is a semi-permanent leading to a permanent contract working 2 days per week. Due to our rural location, you will need to be able to drive and have your own vehicle.
If you are passionate about making a difference and enjoy the challenge of working in a growing and dynamic team, please send a covering letter and your latest CV to Sosi.firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you.
We operate an inclusive recruitment process and welcome applications from
any social group.