Programme Co-ordinator Hands of Hope Charity
Reporting to Charity Chair
Hours: 2 days per week
Salary:£18,000 – £20,000 pro rata, based on experience
Set up in 2016 our aim is to teach people and their communities practical ways to sustain, conserve, protect and improve the environment and through education & training, improve people’s health and well being using growing, cooking and the natural world.
Aims and Objectives:
Currently farming 2 ½ acres of Soil Association organic fruit and vegetables at Hope Farm in Peasmarsh, we have acquired a derelict walled garden &18 adjoining acres off Moor Hill in Hawkhurst. Our aim is to preserve, restore and develop the site into an all inclusive community hub to:
- Provide educational and social activities that use growing and cooking, combined with traditional practices.
- Deliver projects aimed at tackling childhood obesity, rural and social isolation, as well as dementia and mental health.
- Use heritage and the natural environment to support life-improving programmes accessible to all throughout Rother, Hastings and West Kent.
We currently run 3 programmes from the Hawkhurst site and one outreach programme in Peasmarsh. The programmes include Helping Hands Lunch Clubs, Growing Buddies, Men in Sheds, and Bee in Company; with plans in place to develop additional programmes during 2019 and 2020.
We are seeking to appoint a gifted & experienced Programme Co-ordinator to manage these key activities.
Responsible for overseeing our current suite of programmes as well as developing new and innovative groups and activities in line with HOH’s plans.
- Oversee current programme provision including numbers of volunteers and client referrals.
- Monitor and review attendance numbers to support future needs and developments within the service area for each of the programmes.
- Liaise with Chair and Trustees to recruit suitable volunteers to deliver programme services. Support induction programme for volunteers and offer ongoing support to volunteers involved in the delivery of our programmes.
- Maintain the Volunteer and Members database with Programme information.
- Preparation of Programme Planning template to include: (i) budget requirements, (ii) resources, (iii) participation/Members, (iv) activities, (v) measurement & monitoring (vi) Governance.
- Proactively promote programmes work in collaboration with identified partner agencies and community organisations to support and develop services where gaps are identified to support communities throughout Rother, Hastings and West Kent.
- Work in partnership with other organisations to develop new programmes and additional groups for existing programmes by maximising local resources and avoiding duplication of services.
- To ensure compliance with GDPR regulations involving all aspects of data protection.
- To undertake all reasonable tasks, in keeping with the level of the post, as required by the charity Chair.
- Understanding of and empathy with the needs and aspirations of vulnerable people especially older people and those suffering from mental health.
- Have a keen interest in Heritage and the natural environment.
- Strong understanding and experience of community development and its principles.
- Good experience of working with partner organisations.
- Experience of developing services and programmes within a charity framework.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments.
- Experience of managing staff and volunteers.
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise appropriately.
- Commitment to working in the voluntary sector.
- Be innovative with enthusiasm to take on new challenges.
- Be a dynamic self- starter.
- Demonstrate a flair for organising.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Good understanding of data protection and GDPR principles.
- Be I.T. literate.
- Possess a full, clean driving licence, have access to a car for work or ability to travel.
for more information and a full job description email: email@example.com