Volunteer Role Description: Community Ambassador
Hands of Hope are a newly registered charity operating in East Sussex and Kent. Our goal is to reconnect people with where their food comes from, teach them how to grow and cook healthy, nutritious food and use this process to ultimately reduce childhood obesity and loneliness levels.
To use Growing & Cooking to bring our communities together in order to help address the challenges of loneliness and obesity and, through education, encourage people to lead, healthier, happier lives.
Our Aims – TO:
- Raise awareness of the consequence of poor diet and lack of exercise in our Communities.
- Provide educational programmes that enable more people in our communities, to eat better and become more active
- Improve current take up of school dinners across Hastings, Rother & West Kent
- Tackle childhood hunger
- Help tackle loneliness
To fill the role of Community Ambassador, we’re looking for Volunteers with a strong interest in fundraising and charitable giving as well as great communication skills.
Our Community Ambassadors will represent Hands of Hope in their local area, bringing together local volunteers and putting on and assisting in local events, on behalf of Hands of Hope.
As a Community Ambassador, you’ll informally encourage and advise your fellow volunteers, and of course we’ll want you to lead by example by fundraising for, or promoting, Hands of Hope yourself. You will help raise awareness of our projects by forging meaningful relationships and partnerships and promoting our strategies in the communities we serve.
This role suits you if you:
- Are well organised
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have an interest in charitable giving and fundraising
- Are interesting in working with other volunteers in your area
- Have an interest in project management
- Are able to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships
- Are proactive with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
What you can expect from Hands of Hope?
- To be part of something amazing from the beginning
- Support and advice every step of the way
- A reference
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to the work of Hands of Hope in helping tackle childhood obesity and loneliness.
Skills you’ll develop:
- Relationship building – you’ll be building relationships with companies and individuals in the community as well other Volunteers and Ambassadors. You’ll be maximising these relationships to obtain as much support for activities as possible in a professional manner.
- Project management – you’ll be responsible for ongoing management of activities in your local area from conception to execution. – Peer to peer support – you’ll help provide informal support for volunteers in your local area through social media, sharing ideas and offering advice. –
- Social media – you’ll utilise social media channels including Twitter and Facebook to promote our events and activities, ensuring active participation through these channels to reach a wider audience. –
- Marketing – you’ll help us market our events and activities to a range of people using a variety of methods, both online and offline.
- Fundraising – you’ll be part of a team raising funds to support our projects and the development of our new facility in Hawkhurst.
If you’re interested in taking up the challenge and to find out more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to you joining our journey…