Available in all size boxes this week (sweet potato and chard)
- 1 tsp oil or use 2 tbsp water or broth to sauté
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin , or 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/3 tsp cayenne
- 1 or 2 whole cloves (or use 1/8 tsp ground cloves)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 266 g cubed sweet potato , or regular potatoes
- 72 g packed chopped chard , spinach or a mix of greens
- 125 ml water use 3/4 cup for saucier
- 4 oz non dairy yogurt or full fat coconut milk
- lemon and coriander for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet over a medium heat . When hot, add the garlic and ginger and mix and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and pinch of salt. Mix and cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze with a tbsp of water if needed, stir frequently.
- Add the spices and salt and mix in for a few seconds.
- Add the sweet potatoes, greens, water and yogurt and mix well to combine.
- Cover and cook for 13 to 15 mins. Stir, and check potato for readiness . Add more water or coconut milk if needed and simmer for a few mins.
- Taste and adjust salt and flavour. Garnish with lemon and coriander . Serve with dals, beans or curries.